REACH Ambassador Programme
We are recruiting DCD REACH Ambassadors for 2020-21
Thank you for your interest in becoming a DCD REACH Ambassador!
DCD’s REACH Ambassador’s programme is the first of its kind in the world. REACH is an entirely unique opportunity for dancers to influence and shape DCD’s current and future offerings for DCD Partner Companies, making a direct impact on dancers’ lives both now and in the long-term.
DCD Company Ambassadors will gain the opportunity to strengthen their leadership, communication and organisational skills, as well as widen their network. You’ll gain valuable experience for your CV and build visibility and reputation within your company.
Over the next year, our REACH Ambassadors will:
• Represent their fellow dancers’ needs
• Encourage other dancers to engage with DCD’s services
• Advocate for DCD’s work and how it meets dancer’s needs
• Contribute to the discussion and development of DCD’s services to dancers
• Heighten awareness, aspirations, support and interest in DCD’s work
Read on for FAQs or contact Ellen Chambers, Dancer Support and Programmes Officer, on email@example.com or 020 7831 1449 if you would like more information.
Application deadline: Monday 20 July 2020
What they say:
“Being a REACH Ambassador has actually exceeded my expectations! I have felt constantly supported and encouraged throughout and it has been a lot less stressful/intense than I had anticipated.”
Jennie Harrington, English National Ballet
“I think the best thing to come out of the REACH programme is that it not only helps with the connections in my own company but I can see it is also helpful to hear how things are culturally in other companies. It is great to have fresh opinions from different dancers, this gives ideas on how we can approach discussions within our own work and bounce ideas off one another in a positive and constructive way.”
Araminta Wraith, Scottish Ballet
“I have grown in confidence and have benefited hugely from the webinars and workshops that have been available as a result of being an ambassador. I have learned how to deal with different kinds of people in different departments and on different levels”
James Barton, Birmingham Royal Ballet
What will I have to do?
- Starting in September 2020, we will host between 6 and 10 webinars over the course of the year in which to share and gain knowledge with DCD and your fellow ambassadors, and discuss upcoming DCD events and programmes and how to engage dancers in them.
- In between webinars we will be in touch with information to pass on to dancers about opportunities to engage with DCD, and ask you to report back on any suggestions, feedback or ideas you have.
- There is the opportunity for check in meetings with a DCD staff member to support objectives specific to each company.
- There could be adhoc communication about specific DCD initiatives or events that would benefit from your input.
- We will provide at least one REACHTreat workshop day where ambassadors can meet in person and receive specialised training and input.
- We might sometimes need your help to liaise with company management to help deliver our programmes. This is conducted with full support and sensitivity and led by your own expertise.
My schedule is very busy. What if I can’t attend all the webinars/meetings?
We understand that you might not be able to attend every online meeting that takes place throughout the year. We will aim to schedule them at times where most dancers are likely to be able to attend, such as 8:00-9:30am and 6:30-8pm on Mondays. We will offer two options for each meeting and you can attend which suits you best.
I’m planning to apply for a DCD grant. Will being a DCD REACH Ambassador improve my chances of being successful?
It’s really important to DCD that all dancers are treated equally, and therefore being a DCD REACH Ambassador will not have any bearing on any funding application. Funding decisions are made at the discretion of the Grants Committee, not the DCD Team, and are judged against a specific set of criteria.
Photo from left to right: Top row – Edit Domoszlai, Kit Holder, Lara Turk-Smith, Jennifer Hayes; Middle row – Mariana Rodrigues, Jennie Harrington, Fabian Reimair, Matthew Broadbent; Bottom row – Aisling Brangan, Sean Bates, Nancy Nerantzi, Araminta Wraith