'It felt like it opened a giant door into the next chapter of my life, which will have an impact for years to come'
professional independent dancer
Free Coaching Sessions for Dancers during Covid-19 crisis
We are delighted to be able to offer free Personal and Career Coaching Sessions for all Professional Dancers in April, May and June 2020.
- Free, one hour coaching sessions
- Available to all professional dancers in the UK between 1st April and 30th June 2020
- Totally confidential, one to one sessions with a DCD Coach via Zoom, Skype or phone
- Professional dancers must meet a minimum of one year’s professional experience to be eligible for coaching
- Free sessions usually worth £100 which can be used on top of any sessions you’ve already had
- Never had a DCD coaching session? Try it for free today!
- Available nationwide
Please note, in light of current public health circumstances, DCD’s support for professional dancers continues, however all dancer support programmes will be delivered remotely via telephone, skype and zoom until further notice.
Coaching is a two way conversation, offering dancers a safe space to explore the positive changes you may want to make in your life or career, and to find ways to put those ideas into action.
No matter what point you are at in your career or transition, coaching can help you to find the clarity and confidence to move forward in your life.
Through DCD’s personal and career coaching sessions, you will build an awareness of the behaviours and attitudes that may be holding you back from achieving your dreams or just planning your next move in life.
Coaching is based on a foundation of trust and empathy. It is not about making judgements or telling people what to do. Each coaching session is driven by you. You decide the topic and outcome. Our coaches will support you in getting there.
Coaching is an invitation to take action and create the life you want. You may not realise yet just how powerful a tool it is – book a session and see for yourself!
- Totally confidential, one to one sessions
- For all professional dancers with a minimum of one year’s professional experience
- A focus on the future, from wherever you are right now
- Professional, experienced team of DCD coaches
- 60 minute sessions
- DCD Partner Company dancers: £10 per session Note: We have lifted the cap on the number of sessions a dancer can have whilst employed at one of our Partner Companies (the previous limit was 5 sessions). After a dancer has left the company, they can access up to 5 additional sessions.
- All other dancers: 5 sessions at £20 each
- Skype or phone sessions available if you can’t reach us in person
DCD offers face to face coaching sessions across the UK, including in Birmingham, Glasgow, Leeds and London. We can also arrange coaching sessions over the phone or via Skype.
Want to know more? Read our guide to getting the best out of coaching here.
DCD’s Coaching Programme is kindly supported by the Royal Opera House Benevolent Fund for independent dancers and by DCD’s Partner Companies for dancers currently or formerly of those companies.
If you think that you could benefit from coaching, or just want to find out more, register here.
Look out for upcoming DCD Coaching dates across the UK here.
Dancer Support Programmes
Click on each of our programmes to find out
more about all of our confidential one to one support programmes :
We create a bespoke programme of
support for every individual.
Explore each of our programmes for dancers: