EVOLVE Workshops allow all professional dancers to discover their potential, unlock new possibilities and explore pathways in an energised, open and safe environment.
- London - Sunday 23 April 2017, in partnership with DCD Contributing Company Rambert
- Leeds - Monday 15 May 2017, in partnership with DCD Contributing Company Northern Ballet
- EVOLVE Glasgow - Saturday 2 September, in partnership with DCD Contributing Company Scottish Ballet
- London’s West End - Monday 20 November, at The Prince of Wales Theatre, supported by Delfont Mackintosh
Register your interest now by emailing us.
"All dancers need to come to EVOLVE, it doesn't matter what stage you're at in your career, it's important to start thinking about who else you are, outside of dance". Rachael Nanyonjo, Independent dance artist
Trailer created by DCD supported dancer Daniel Jones.. See films from other EVOLVE Workshops here.
Open to dancers from all genres of professional dance - from classical, contemporary to musical theatre and commercial.
EVOLVE is a full day workshop giving you the chance to:
- Explore career transition with confidence and positivity
- Think and talk about the journey of a dancer's career with like-minded people
- Be inspired by real life stories from DCD retrained dancers
- Reflect on your own achievements and strengths
- Get the tools to develop your own personal action plan and discover your potential
- Learn how to manage a life long career beyond performance
- Feel supported and expand your network
Featuring high-profile DCD alumni sharing their experience of transition, the EVOLVE Workshops are facilitated by Isabel Mortimer. Isabel enjoyed an extremely successful 22 year career as a professional dancer and choreographer and is a DCD beneficiary, certified Personal and Executive Coach CPCC and a graduate of the prestigious Clore Leadership Programme.
Participants will enjoy the unique opportunity to hear personal transition stories from DCD retrained dancers and ask questions, gain a network of peers and take away a personal action plan to help you to navigate a successful, life-long career journey, beyond performance.
The workshops are open to all dancers from final year students to those with years of professional experience who are exploring the next stage. Even if you're not planning to transition in the near future, EVOLVE can support you to feel prepared for your long term future.
Previous EVOLVE Workshops:
Monday 31st October 2016 - EVOLVE Birmingham. Find out more.
Saturday 10th September 2016 - EVOLVE London #3.Find out more.
Thursday 5th May 2016 - EVOLVE Cardiff. Find out more.
Sunday 11th October 2015 - EVOLVE London #2. Find out more.
Friday 1st May 2015 - EVOLVE Glasgow. Find out more.
Sunday 15th February 2015 - EVOLVE Move It
Monday 29th September 2014 - EVOLVE Leeds. Find out more.
Monday 19th May 2014 - EVOLVE London #1. Find out more.
EVOLVE designs by DCD beneficiary Joe Walkling, featuring photography by DCD beneficiary Johan Persson
Photo credits: DCD beneficiary Nicole Guarino