The Evidence Base
As a world leader in dancer transition, DCD seeks to embed knowledge and thinking around career transition for dancers into the dance sector and beyond.
- DCD Annual Report 2018
- A Golden Thread: Holding Up Identity in a Professional Dancers’ Career Transition (by DCD supported dancer Ali Golding MSc, PG Cert SEN, BA(Hons)) (read the Abstract here)
- Beyond Performance – Building a Better Future for Dancers and the Art of Dance (the aDvance project; by Mindy N. Levine)
- Making Changes: Facilitating the Transition of Dancers to Post-Performance Careers (the aDvance project; by William J. Baumol, Joan Jeffrei, David Throsby)
- A Critical Comparative Study of Career Transition Policy, Practice and Experiences for Ballet Company Dancers and Musical Theatre Independent Dancers (by DCD supported dancer Simon Harper)
- The Professional Development Needs of Dancers (by DCD supported dancer Dorcas Walters M.A., Clore fellow)
The views and opinions expressed in the documents above are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the policy or position of Dancers’ Career Development.
'Life as a professional dancer is intense and all-consuming: there can be little time to plan ahead or know how to achieve new ambitions for a second career. By helping to fund my MA studies (in Dance Education and Training) DCD supported me through the transition from performer to educationalist. I can honestly say that my second career is even more fulfilling and challenging than my first, and I have DCD to thank for providing me with the financial support I needed at that time'
Principal & Artistic Director
Rambert School of Ballet & Contemporary Dance