Media guidelines and key facts
Firstly, a huge thank you for spreading the word about DCD in any media or interview opportunities.
When mentioning DCD:
Please make sure to use our current name, Dancers’ Career Development, and not the name by which we were previously known (The Dancers’ Resettlement Fund)
Refer to us as DCD, and not ‘the DCD’
DCD – Key Facts:
- DCD is the go to organisation, and the only one of its kind in the UK, for all professional dancers regarding career transition.
- Our services include one to one confidential support, upskilling, workshops, retraining grants and networking.
- DCD is a registered charity. We do not receive direct public funding, and rely on the support and generosity of individuals, grant making organisations and companies to help us continue our work. 7 of the UK’s leading dance companies partner with DCD, including English National Ballet, The Royal Ballet, Rambert, Birmingham Royal Ballet, Northern Ballet, Scottish Ballet and Richard Alston Dance Company.
- No one else understands dancer transition like we do – DCD has supported over 2,500 dancers in over 40 years, succeeding in a range of diverse careers, from medicine, photography and film to management, fashion and floristry.
- We have reached approximately 1,000 dancers in the last year alone and demand has trebled in the last 5 years.
- We support dancers from all genres of dance, from ballet to contemporary and hip hop to musical theatre. We support the development of all dancers as confident and dynamic individuals, empowering dancers to build sustainable, long term and successful careers.
- No two dancers’ journeys are the same, and there’s no ‘one size fits all’ approach to career transition. DCD offers bespoke support which keeps the individual dancer at the heart of all that we do.
- We make a direct impact on dancers’ lives.