Interim Executive Director (Maternity Cover)
DCD are looking for an experienced Executive Director for a rare opportunity to join our dynamic team on a fixed term contract as maternity cover.
For more about this exciting role and information about how to apply please download the job pack:
Please submit your CV, Covering Letter and Equality and Diversity form to Simon Brears, Administrator, Dancers’ Career Development at email@example.com by 9am Monday 22 October 2018.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified on Friday 26 October 2018.
Interviews will be held on Monday 5 November 2018.
Coaches based in Leeds, Birmingham and Glasgow (self-employed to partner with DCD)
Dancers’ Career Development are looking to partner with exceptional Coaches based in Leeds, Birmingham and Glasgow to deliver one-to-one Coaching to professional dancers on a self-employed basis.
Dancers’ Career Development (DCD) is the only charity in the UK supporting professional dancers to successfully transition into alternative careers after retiring from professional performance. We work to empower dancers across every genre to develop their post-performance careers by building on their distinctive strengths and transferable skills. Our services include: confidential one-to-one support, workshops, networking, upskilling, and retraining grants. Formed in 1973, DCD have supported over 2000 dancers to date and demand for DCD support services has trebled in the last 5 years. The DCD Coaching programme was launched in 2014 with face-to-face Coaching provided to dancers in London. The programme was expanded nationally to Leeds, Glasgow and Birmingham from March 2017 with the support of the DCD Partner Companies and the Royal Opera House Benevolent Fund.
In 2019 DCD seeks to partner with exceptional self-employed coaches based in Leeds, Birmingham and Glasgow to conduct one hour, one-to-one coaching sessions with professional dancers. These sessions will be available to both Partner Company and independent dance artists in the area and will take place on site at either Scottish Ballet, Birmingham Royal Ballet or Northern Ballet or at another location very close by.
- You must have been a professional coach for a minimum of 3 years. We classify this as earning the majority of your income through coaching, rather than occasional work. It’ important to DCD that we work with experienced coaches who have some years’ of practice of coaching, with it being a primary work focus. We particularly welcome coaches who have experience in career development/transition work, or work with elite athletes/performers – and the right fit and skillset will always be priority.
- You must be accredited by the International Coach Federation (ICF) or Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) (or in exceptional cases have equivalent relevant experience).
It is important that our partner coaches are:
- Experienced, robust, and flexible;
- Demonstrate investment in ongoing professional development;
- Undergoing regular coaching supervision from a qualified professional;
- Up-to-date with training and latest research;
- Can demonstrate a range of tools and flexibility in style;
- Covered by their own professional indemnity insurance;
- Engaging and able to build relationships with both coaching clients and DCD stakeholders, including senior staff at DCD Partner companies.
If you are interested in this self-employed partnership opportunity with DCD, please submit a CV and a personal statement no longer than one side of A4 outlining your suitability and interest.
Please also click here to download and complete an Equality and Diversity form. All applications and forms should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and marked for the attention of the Executive Director, by 9am Monday 22nd October 2018.
DCD will acknowledge receipt of all applications.
For any questions or an informal conversation please contact Jennifer Curry, Executive Director, on 020 7831 1449 or email@example.com.