Coronavirus Update – DCD Dancer Support
In light of current public health circumstances, DCD’s support for professional dancers continues, however all dancer support programmes will be delivered remotely via telephone, skype and zoom until further notice.
We will provide further updates should the situation change.
DCD have prioritised the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff and DCD supported dancers, making the rapid change to remote working and digital delivery of programmes at the outbreak of the crisis.
Helping dancers through professional and personal changes is the lifeblood of our charity, removing barriers to career progression, enabling career sustainability and creating life-long learning opportunities. This work has never been more essential to the UK dance sector than at this uncertain time.
DCD is well equipped to continue our support for the UK’s professional dancers digitally:
- We’re offering free Personal and Career Coaching to ALL UK professional dancers with our certified coaching professionals via video platforms.
- Confidential One to One Conversations are taking place remotely.
- Financial Retraining Grant applications are being accepted and awarded, including DCD Retraining Grants, Career Exploration Grants and the IOTPD grant for international dancers.
- The Beyond Dance pilot mentoring programme for DCD Partner Company dancers, in collaboration with Moving Ahead, continues digitally.
- The DCD REACH Partner Company ambassador scheme continues to thrive in a digital setting.
A heartfelt thank you to our funders and Patrons for their support through this difficult time.
We continue to adapt and grow our support programmes to best respond to the needs of professional dancers during the crisis and will provide further updates.
For any questions, to register or apply for any of DCD’s dancer support programmes, get in touch with us at email@example.com.
To see DCD dancer support programme upcoming dates and deadlines, click here.
Last updated: 2 November 2020