Transition Support Services
'A dancer's working life is so soon over. The change can be truly bewildering - What do you do? DCD offers vital support for dancers to find a new future and the right direction forward. Its role is utterly invaluable.' Richard Alston, Artistic Director, The Place.
Our first service to professional dancers is specialised support and up-to-date understanding of the many issues affecting dancers' careers. The transition away from dancing can be difficult both financially and emotionally. We provide a wide range of confidential services to help them to find their feet in a new profession either inside or outside the dance industry. The emotional process of retraining can affect each professional dancer differently, and the adjustment to changes in profession can take time. This is why the pastoral care that we offer continues throughout the retraining process and is available at anytime thereafter.
- Confidential one-to-one consultations in person, over the phone or via Skype. For more information or to arrange a consultation please contact Ellen or Nancy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 7831 1449
- Action Learning in partnership with Independent Dance. Read more
- Transition Coaching with Isabel Mortimer, certified Personal and Executive Coach CPCC, and Jo Wright, Professional Coach. Read more
- EVOLVE Workshops for all Professional Dancers. Read more
- EMERGE Shadowing Programme - explore another field and gain practical experience and networks in that area. Read more
- Networking with qualified individuals and other retrained dancers
- Mentoring in partnership with One Dance UK. Read more
- Visits and presentations to Dance Companies and Training Schools around the UK, including our groundbreaking partnership with The Royal Ballet School Read more
- Referrals to other support organisations and welfare advisers
- The opportunity to apply for Financial Retraining Grants and Special Bursaries. Read more
- Follow up meetings 12 months after a Financial Retraining Grant - Allowing all dancers who have been supported by DCD to reflect on their transition journey in a safe environment and to explore ways in which DCD can continue to support their transition.
All of DCD's services are dancer driven and we understand that there is no "one-fits-all" approach to career transitions. DCD offers dancers the opportunity to individually choose the level of retraining support they require.
To find out more about how we can help you, contact Ellen Chambers, Grants and Careers Officer, on email@example.com or 020 7831 1449.